Exegetical expertise is necessary to appropriately investigate the meaning of source texts, help teams grow in their ability to carry out exegesis, and support them in making accurate translations
Here are some resource suggestions to help your mentees grow in their exegetical skills:
1. Books about exegesis
These are some recommended books on exegesis:
- Carson, D. A., 1996. Exegetical fallacies. Baker Books.
- Fee, Gordon D. 2002. New Testament exegesis: A handbook for students and pastors. Westminster John Knox Press.
- Silva, Moisés. 1994. Biblical words and their meaning: an introduction to lexical semantics. Zondervan.
- Stuart, Douglas. 2009. Old Testament exegesis: a handbook for students and pastors. Westminster John Knox Press.
Further resources that might interest you
- Do you know of a good resource that should be listed here? Please let us know.